Monday, October 17, 2011

Interview Published in Potomac Review


The Potomac Review, the literary journal published by Montgomery College, recently interviewed me about Tracks and writing in general. You can read the entire interview, “Following Tracks,” at their website.

http://potomacreview.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/following-tracks-an-interview-with-author-eric-d-goodman/


Here’s a sampling …


Potomac Reiew: Tracks: A Novel in Stories brings together characters with disparate backgrounds and interests. Why did you decide to write a novel in short stories?


Eric D. Goodman: When I wrote the first few stories from Tracks, I didn’t realize I was writing a novel in stories. They just happened to all take place on trains. It was around that time that I read Joan Silber’s collection of linked stories, Ideas of Heaven: A Ring of Stories and then Now You See It … Stories from Cokesville, PA. I fell in love with the concept and decided to try to do the same with these train stories. Since I started about five years ago, the format seems to have taken off with such books as Olive Kitterige and A Visit from the Goon Squad and Here Comes Another Lesson. It’s a format I’d really like to revisit.


Read the full interview; visit the Potomac Review online.

http://potomacreview.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/following-tracks-an-interview-with-author-eric-d-goodman/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home